Calgary Division

Birthplace of the RCMP Veteran's Association

Home      Executive      Links      Notes      Last Post      Membership      Demise      Policy     

 

 

Library     Stories    History of Calgary Division     Calendar     Contact Us   

    

 

The first recorded meeting of the NWMP (North-West Mounted Police) ex-members took place in  Calgary on April 16th, 1886, at the town hall with twenty-four ex-members attending.  The first recorded dinner of ex-members took place at the Royal Hotel, Calgary, on November 4th, 1886. After some setbacks, the NWMP Veterans’ Association, as it was known then, began to grow and spread to other cities. In 1954 the association name was changed to the RCMP Veterans’ Association.  Calgary was the association headquarters for many years until 1965 when it was moved to Ottawa, the headquarters of the Force.

 

Latest Additions

2018-05-30 Death of O.0682 Howard William Hall Last Post
2018-05-13 UPDATE - Division Executive Executive
2018-04-03 Death of 19320 John Kusalik LastPost